Thread: Mount Belknap 08-27-13

Hybrid View

Thanks

Default Mount Belknap 08-27-13

Hi Everyone,

Jill and I were able to hike Mount Belknap (or Belknap Mountain...conflicting published data and trail signs have me confused) this past week. It was a pretty easy hike as we were able to park at the top of the Carriage Road. We made a loop (Red up, Blue down) and did not detour to the plane crash site, although, I plan on going back to do this. I was surprised that there were no views unless you do climb the fire tower. On this day however, the distance we could see was very limited as it was very hazy. I have heard you can see MW on a clear day. Here's my detail report if you'd like to read it: http://livefreeandhikenh.blogspot.co...-08-27-13.html

Also, here are a few of my favorite shots if you don't feel like heading over to my blog:

Notice it says Mount Belknap, not Belknap Mountain???

Red Trail

Restricted view point on Red Trail

Fire Tower

Hazy views from summit

Another hazy view from the summit

NH DPW&H Benchmark

Another benchmark, triangle in granite with a copper cap mounted in the middle

First view point on the Blue Trail heading down

Described as an outlook to Gunstock in the AMC Guide, but was very restricted

Thanks

It looks like both of you had a good hike, despite it being hazy. You still captured some nice views! Thanks for bringing us along!
    Bob

I never want to see a day
    That's over forty degrees
    I'd rather have it thirty,
    Twenty, ten, five and let it freeeeEEEEEEeeze!

My Seek the Peak 2014 Photo Set