Thread: Nearby Camping for STP 14

Thanks

Default Nearby Camping for STP 14

Hi everyone!
    I'm looking to book our trip up there for this year's Seek the Peak. (Yay!!) We're coming from Western Mass, are looking to stay for about 5 days and we love to camp. Does anyone have any suggestions on good campgrounds in the area? We have a 9-year-old hiker who loves to swim so somewhere with a swimming area would be ideal. We also prefer woodsy, not super packed campgrounds. So, a KOA-type campground wouldn't work. Last year we camped at Moose Brook in Gorham. It was nice, but we like to switch it up every year. I hope that doesn't sound like too much.

Thanks

Last year I stayed at White Birches Camping Park just east of Gorham on Rt. 2. All I needed was a tent site for one night, so I didn't care that much about features. They do have a pool and the night I was there they setup a projector and played a movie in a big tent in a common area (looked like they do this regularly). They have sites in the open grassy area, some in the woods a little, and also some small cabins if I recall. They weren't that busy that night, so they asked me what area I wanted to stay in and I picked towards the back where there weren't many other people. There was also a small nature trail that I think went out to a brook (maybe more swimming), but I didn't check it out. I remember a couple bathrooms around the place with access to drinkable water. I believe the one next to the office also had showers. I was happy with my stay here and would certainly do it again for similar situations where I drive up the day before a hike.

Thanks

Thanks. It looks like a great campground and we ended up booking one of their cabins.