Thread: Mt. Kinsman

Hybrid View

Thanks

Question Mt. Kinsman

Hi,

I realize this is a few days away and conditions change quickly especially with the warmer air and rain but:

I plan on going up the Mt. Kinsman trail on Saturday. Any ideas / thoughts / guesses as to the trail condition?

Thanks in advance

Thanks

I suggest that you check out views from the top. Check under latest "trail conditions" and the "trip report" section. Have fun!
    ~Rich

Thanks

Thumbs up

Thanks Rich,

Yes I do check that site often for trip reports. It's a great!! Nothing posted for the Kinsman Mt trail for a few weeks though.....

Thanks

Talking

I would think the trail conditions would pretty much match the conditions of the trails that are the approach to the Franconia ridge. The top of Kinsman might have some snow but the bottom should be pretty much wet with alot of mud. Late winter/early spring hikes are difficult to judge so it is always better to error on the side of safety. Take along a pair of snow shoes and a set of crampons or step ins and then you are set for what ever the conditions might be. The Kinsman hike I have affectionately named you have to be kidding. This is one steep climb. Have fun on Sat.