Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Identify Mountains

Thanks

Well thanks KD for your input, and if your apology is genuine krummholz then apology accepted. We will never attempt anything above our level of hiking, and I do appreciate any input I've received from this board thus far.

Thanks

Yes, it was genuine. My initial reaction to your post came from a deep and honest feeling that people should know their compass point orientations. I soon realized that my response came across as impatient and maybe even mean. I apologized, and I meant it sincerely. I don't expect anyone to understand where I'm coming from, but the safest thing you can say is that it is deeply felt, one way or the other. I very rarely frequent this board any more--I've moved to North Carolina and occupy myself with bushwhacking in the Smokies. Don't know why I revisited this site and ended up getting myself into so much trouble.

Thanks

No sweat, krummholz, it's not a bad thing to be passionate about!

KDT

4. The Following User Says Thank You to KD Talbot For This Useful Post:

Snow Miser (07-08-2014)

Thanks

krummholz I can certainly appreciate being passionate about something and coming across as being harsh. Horses are my passion and when I am on the horse forum that I frequent and read something that seems completely irresponsible with horses (which happens more often than you would think) I sometimes cannot refrain from commenting and getting myself into trouble!

Our plan for next year after making it to the summit of Washington 4 times is to try something different in the Presidential Range, and I will most likely turn to this board for advice. If you are as experienced a hiker as it sounds please chime in as we always welcome good advice to tackle these mountains!

Thanks

You can read about some of my bizarre adventures in the Whites on my blog, such as climbing Adams via Great Gully, climbing Jefferson via a weird loop up Caps Ridge and down Jewell back to my car on Jefferson Notch Road for a loop, up the true slide on Flume off-trail, up Washington via Boott Spur Link, and others. I've done the Winter 4s, the New England 100 Highest. Unfortunately didn't quite finish the NH 100 Highest though did some of the hard ones. You'll also see on my blog countless descriptions of bushwhacking in the Smokies like climbing the Jumpoff and Charlies Bunion from the bottom.