To help out with September's weather contest, I've come up with an idea. We will be guessing the biggest difference between the min and max temperature for a day. It doesn't look like we have done this before. The idea is simple, take the min and subtract it from the max to get the difference. And guess what the biggest difference will be over the course of the month. Rules are as follows:
1. One submission per forum ID
2. There can be no duplicates. First person to submit a particular number will own that guess.
3. If the proper answer is not selected by anyone, the winner will be the closest guess according to the F6 report.
4. The official source of data is the Daily F6 as published on the Observatory's web site.
5. Guesses should be whole numbers since the F6 records the temperatures in whole numbers.
6. Anyone & everyone will be allowed to enter.
7. No one is allowed to heat or cool the thermometers during this time frame.
8. Guesses must be in by the start of September 1, 2014.
9. Most of all... Have Fun!!!
Good luck everyone! I'll try my best to update the month as it progresses!