Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: www.seekthepeak.org

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hawk
    just try to get 10 friends to put up $10 each and you will do it ,and if they don't oh well you can take care of the rest
    I had done the same thing, cousins, friends, even my own parents wouldn't donate. I was beginning to get a complex but now it doesn't matter much because I can't afford to go. Oh well...
    Steve
    Is there really any BAD weather???

Thanks

when some one ask me for help i help them and when i ask for help they better help ,if not the get the speech the next time they ask for something
    i am a Summit Club member
    http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/new pictures and videos

If your not a OBS member yet then what are you waiting for

Thanks

Hey guys I just jumped on here. I registered several weeks ago and i'm $90 from my fundraising goal. I've been planning this hike since January for the weekend of my 35th B day and it happened to be the same weekend as the event so i figured if i'm gonna hike it anyway, i might as well do it for a cause. I was just wondering if anyone else is planning on hiking up Ammonusuc Trail. The more I read the more I want to avoid coming up the east side. I have a total party of 5 and none of us have done Mt Wash before. We all have hiking experience and we can't wait. Any suggestions of things to do, bring etc.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Donotgogentle
    Hey guys I just jumped on here. I registered several weeks ago and i'm $90 from my fundraising goal. I've been planning this hike since January for the weekend of my 35th B day and it happened to be the same weekend as the event so i figured if i'm gonna hike it anyway, i might as well do it for a cause. I was just wondering if anyone else is planning on hiking up Ammonusuc Trail. The more I read the more I want to avoid coming up the east side. I have a total party of 5 and none of us have done Mt Wash before. We all have hiking experience and we can't wait. Any suggestions of things to do, bring etc.
    If you go back through some of the old posts, and you won't have to go back too far, you will find lots of great help on things to bring and do and where to stay, you name it you can find it! Most of the threads that can help will be found in the "White Mountain Hikes" section and I think this one also.
    Steve
    Is there really any BAD weather???

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Donotgogentle View Post
    Good day to you!
    I am also hiking the Ammonoosuc Trail. No worries to you. I'm the 50 year old, grey- haired lady attempting my first summit of Washington. I've been walk training for 18 mos. and have been weekly hiking above treeline all summer to build stamina. My goal - a safe round trip/enjoy the hike and just maybe . . . see the summit.
    Good luck and happy hiking. See you on the trail. Storygirll >^..^<

Thanks

Default Ammo

Note:This thread is from last year.

Good luck, Storygirl! I know a 50+ that just did a 1 day traverse, then 5.8 rock climb the next day. I'm sure you'll do fine.

KDT

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by storygirll View Post
    Good day to you!
    I am also hiking the Ammonoosuc Trail. No worries to you. I'm the 50 year old, grey- haired lady attempting my first summit of Washington. I've been walk training for 18 mos. and have been weekly hiking above treeline all summer to build stamina. My goal - a safe round trip/enjoy the hike and just maybe . . . see the summit.
    im 45 with bad knees and over weight so you will do fine brad and i with some others will be taking our time ,brad loves to take pictures so that will give me some much needed rest time
    i am a Summit Club member
    http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/new pictures and videos

If your not a OBS member yet then what are you waiting for

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by storygirll View Post
    Good day to you!
    I thought you said you were old!
    Brad (a 6288 club member)
    http://bradstreet.zenfolio.com Personal Photo sales site
    http://public.fotki.com/bradbradstreet Personal photo web site
    http://public.fotki.com/MWO/saved/2012/ MWO image & video archive site 2006-2012

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KD Talbot View Post
    Note:This thread is from last year.

Good luck, Storygirl! I know a 50+ that just did a 1 day traverse, then 5.8 rock climb the next day. I'm sure you'll do fine.

KDT
    Thanks so much!
    See . . . the grey hair sucks all the computer savvy right out!
    I am technology challenged (very hesitant to chat - I hope to never offend).
    Your words give encouragement (two years from real yucky lyme disease = weary feet and knees).
    Smile always, storygirll >^..^<

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Brad View Post
    I thought you said you were old!
    I feel so old at times. After living a quiet indoor lifestyle, lyme disease has really given me the kick to attempt to fulfill some of my personal dreams. Climbing Mt. Washington just happens to be one of the big ones. Summit or not, I plan on enjoying every step!
    Smile always!
    Thanks for your words.
    storygirll >^..^<