Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: www.seekthepeak.org

Thanks

Cool Lion's Head

I'll be doing Lion's Head. I hear its easier on the knee joints. I haven't done the online thing but I did sign up. I raised money by reshingling a small roof for a neighbor, he contributed $130

Thanks

Default My goal raised!!

I reached my goal for donations $505 not bad I wish it was more. Chewey are you planning to start on Lions head first and then come down TR. Correct me if I am wrong but doesn't Lions head tie into TR anyway. You can still sign up online
    and use your credit card to secure your donation. Are you leaving the same time we are on Friday. I know mplumbw is leaving later on Friday I didn't know if you guys were going up together or not. I have a question for the group what has been the history of the weather over the past five years for the weekend of the climb? I was just wondering I have rain gear and cold weather gear to( I just dress in layers).

Thanks

Default Weather

As Bill says, what it was in the past isn't going to matter much this year... but anyway, the first year I did it in 2002 it poured all day. The bad part wasn't the rain or fog, it was the moss on the rocks above treeline. They're like ice when they're wet. Then the next few years were seasonably warm with the sun in and out of the clouds. Then last year the weather was good as we started out, but it rained on the way down and was pouring during the cookout.

KDT

Thanks

Smile Gettin' Excited

23 days til STP7. My group and I are psyched. We're camping at Dolly Copp. Probably check in at Horsefeathers Friday and hit the trail early Saturday. Let's pray for great weather! If not, it's still hiking Mt. Washington right? At check in does it matter if I bring the cash from my pledges or is it just easier for me to write a check? Either way works for me. See ya on the trail!!!!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bosco41
    I reached my goal for donations $505
    I'm having a really tough time raising the $100 minimum let alone an amount like that. There are 3 weeks before STP & it looks like I'm going to have to come up with the rest of the minimum out of pocket.

Seems to me that people are not very concerned with donating to environmental causes.

Thanks

just try to get 10 friends to put up $10 each and you will do it ,and if they don't oh well you can take care of the rest
    i am a Summit Club member
    http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/new pictures and videos

If your not a OBS member yet then what are you waiting for

Thanks

Believe me, I've tried & tried. You'd think I was asking for them to give me a couple of fingers.

Thanks

then next time one comes up to you to sell something for a fundraiser tell them to go hike a mountain
    i am a Summit Club member
    http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/new pictures and videos

If your not a OBS member yet then what are you waiting for

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kaseri
    Seems to me that people are not very concerned with donating to environmental causes.
    It's not exactly an environmental cause. But its a great cause if you like science, weather, or the mountains.
    Last edited by Bill O; 07-05-2007 at 09:38 PM.
    Bill
    Next up: Vermont City Marathon: May, 2011
    EasternLight

Thanks

Default Fundraising

Yeah, it is hard. Except for family and real close friends no one seems to be interested. Even people I know who hike in the mountains are a hard sell. I had one guy who hiked in the mountains his whole life ask me " Why would you want to support them? If you were freezing to death in mid winter up there, they wouldn't even let you in." We had a long talk and I corrected his misconception. He still didn't give me anything, but at least he knows what the Obs is all about now. He thought the radio show he listens to in the valley with the days forecast was a better source of weather reports than the Obs. I had to explain to the dope that's where the radio show gets the forecast from!

I have a slight advantage in that I use Emma as the advertiser. I slap a picture of her on an email and get some contributions that way. I also have her picture hanging at work with a request for donations. People can't believe she climbs MW.

KDT