Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mt. Washington via O'Dells

Thanks

Default Mt. Washington via O'Dells

Our group of 3 climbed O'Dells gully in Huntington Ravine and ascended the East Snowfields for a wonderful ascent of Mt. Washington on March 9. Conditions were clear and cold with reasonable winds, the climbing in the gully were great, protected from the wind and in the sun, with the ice in a plastic state which took ax placements on the first swing! Descended the snowfields again, and down the Escape Hatch gully and back to the Harvard Cabin. Skied over to Tucks, and down the Sherburne ski trail on Saturday. After more than 40 years coming to Mt. Washington, it was my first time at the Harvard Cabin in the ravine. Lots of fun except for the late arrivals all Friday night long who kept everyone awake with loud talking and meal cooking into the wee hours. My last trip to the Franconia Ridge in winter was in fog, so I saw no views between Mt. Lincoln and Mt. Lafayette, and the last trip to Mt. Adams from Gray Knob (last Easter) was in 20 ft. visibility with horizontal driving ice pellets, so this trip to the Rockpile was a great joy! I guess we didn't stand in front of the Deck camera long enough- I couldn't find our images in the Deck camera archive. Great trip with my son and his friend Dave.

Thanks

Default Odell's Gully

Sounds like a great trip! Any photos?
    KDT

Thanks

Sorry, I'm something of a computer klutz! I don't know how to post photos. I have the photos on a CD. Any advice?

Thanks

Copy them on to your pc and then upload them to here, or upload them to a free online photo album and post your link to them here.
    Every landscape which is dreary enough has a certain beauty to my eyes, and in this instance
    its permanent qualities were enhanced by the weather. H.D. Thoreau

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pitonpat
    Sorry, I'm something of a computer klutz! I don't know how to post photos. I have the photos on a CD. Any advice?
    You can go to www.fotki.com and create a free ID and account. For $50 a year you would get a premium account which has unlimited disk and access. They have several very easy ways of uploading files. Plus, once the files are uploaded it is easy to copy and move things around.
    Brad (a 6288 club member)
    http://bradstreet.zenfolio.com Personal Photo sales site
    http://public.fotki.com/bradbradstreet Personal photo web site
    http://public.fotki.com/MWO/saved/2012/ MWO image & video archive site 2006-2012

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Brad
    You can go to www.fotki.com and create a free ID and account. For $50 a year you would get a premium account which has unlimited disk and access. They have several very easy ways of uploading files. Plus, once the files are uploaded it is easy to copy and move things around.

we love fresh photos! do as Brad suggests its addictive!
    eric j

Thanks

Default O'Dells

OK, the photos are uploaded to fotki.com. How do I link the file to this forum?

Thanks

Default O'Dells

Lets see if this works. Try http://public.fotki.com/pitonpat

Thanks

It works. Nice photos PitonPat!
    Every landscape which is dreary enough has a certain beauty to my eyes, and in this instance
    its permanent qualities were enhanced by the weather. H.D. Thoreau

Thanks

yup, it worked. excellent pics.
    5 Days 2007-2008