Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What trail are you going to use?

Thanks

I have started "training" and it is hard to get started. I hurt right now and i am not doing much. Summer is coming - time to get in shape.
    Brad (a 6288 club member)
    http://bradstreet.zenfolio.com Personal Photo sales site
    http://public.fotki.com/bradbradstreet Personal photo web site
    http://public.fotki.com/MWO/saved/2012/ MWO image & video archive site 2006-2012

Thanks

Anyone else going up Ammon. I really want to avoid all the traffic on the east side. I'm not sure if i'm even doing a full loop. I have people meeting us at the top. If we do the loop it'll be up the Ammon and down Jewell.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Joey Keyz
    Have fun guys. I'll have to sit this year out.
    Shoulder surgery on Wednesday for me.
    I'll be lucky if I get a logging trail in this summer!
    Don't push it. Shoulder surgery can go bad fast. I know 4 years after getting hurt my shoulder is still healing. Shoulders and knee's are like night and day. Start riding a bike first. The Mt. will be their when your healed.
    I will be training on my bike all summer. No hiking. To risky.
    GOOD LUCK even knowing it's 3 months after your post.

Thanks

I'm bugging out right now too. I did something to my shoulder on monday and its been killing me all week. It has 15 days to heal or i'm gonna have to drug myself up for the hike. j/k
    Brian
    Smithtown, NY

Thanks

Default East side can be quiet

Quote Originally Posted by Donotgogentle
    Anyone else going up Ammon. I really want to avoid all the traffic on the east side. I'm not sure if i'm even doing a full loop. I have people meeting us at the top. If we do the loop it'll be up the Ammon and down Jewell.
    I really want to be with all the people when we start at Pinkham. As far as hiking there are still probably some trails on the east side where you will see very few people on the way to the top. The further you go into the great gulf to connect the fewer people you will see. I think my 14 year old son and I are going to do Huntington Ravine up and then maybe Tucks or Boot down. Should be an incredible day!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Look forward to seeing you all in a couple of weeks.

Thanks

I'm still thinking something out of Pinkham. If I was trying to avoid the crowds I probably wouldn't have signed up for a hike-a-thon.

A lot of it depends on the weather and whether or not my wife does the hike with me. If she comes I'll go up Lion's Head. That gets us above treeline and in view of the summit as fast as possible which will greatly increase the chances of us making it. If she doesn't come I might do Huntingtons or I might run up Tucks. I'm doing some big marathon in November and on that Saturday I'm supposed to run 11 miles for my training. I figured 8 miles roundtrip up MWN would be about the same.
    Bill
    Next up: Vermont City Marathon: May, 2011
    EasternLight

Thanks

We're pretty sure we're doing Tucks to Lions head. Really would like to do the Ammo/Jewell loop but want to attend the send off party and seems crazy to make that drive around the mountain as we want an early start . Is anyone planning on making the drive? Is the send off worth attending? Also, will anyone else have a one year old on their back?
    ~Rich

Thanks

Rich I think the good send off will be on fri night. At this point i'm still planning to drive around to hike the ammon trail. where are you staying maybe we can meet up and caravan over
    Brian
    Smithtown, NY

Thanks

Most likely doing Tucks to Lion Head. I'll be leaving the front porch of the visitors center at 8 a.m. sharp. If anyone would like to join me shoot me an email.

kaseri(at)gmail(dot)com

Thanks

Talking still thinking Huntington Ravine

Really want to show my 14 year old Huntington Ravine but depends on weather. The game plan is up thru Huntington down thru Tucks. Anyone else doing Huntington? We should be leaving the porch of Pinkham around 7:30. Breakfast at Pinkham and Lunch/chili at the top of the rock pile.