Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What trail are you going to use?

Thanks

I was thinking I would go with Lions Head for the ascent & down Boott Spur.

Thanks

Default loins head

So what do people think of?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KD Talbot
    Sit on Boott Spur some day with your favorite lunch and watch the clouds roll by the summit dome and you'll know what the point is.
    KDT
    You'll have to imagine the clouds...

Thanks

Have fun guys. I'll have to sit this year out.
    Shoulder surgery on Wednesday for me.
    I'll be lucky if I get a logging trail in this summer!
    "HIKE THE WHITES"

......Support
    ....T*A*P*S*
    http://www.taps.org/

Please Support The MWO

www.joes-hiking-photos.com

Thanks

Thumbs up it is only April

Joey July 28th is so far away. With good physical therapy and some hard work you will be able to climb on the 28th. I had knee surgery on April 5th
    and I will be climbing on the 28th. I am walking without cruthches already and am walking my dog around the block. I am in physical theraphy 3 times a week and also spend lots of time at home doing the exercises. Joey don't throw in the towel so soon. With some hard work I will see you up there for seek the peak. Good luck with the surgery

Thanks

Default It's a long way from the heart!

That's what I tell my hockey teammates! I agree with Rex, do the PT and you'll be out there. As I've said before, not everyone has to go to the summit. There are lots of great hikes on Mount Washington without the physical taxation of summiting. Good luck with your surgery!
    KDT
    PS to Rex: Way to go!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rockin rex
    Joey July 28th is so far away. With good physical therapy and some hard work you will be able to climb on the 28th. I had knee surgery on April 5th
    and I will be climbing on the 28th. I am walking without cruthches already and am walking my dog around the block. I am in physical theraphy 3 times a week and also spend lots of time at home doing the exercises. Joey don't throw in the towel so soon. With some hard work I will see you up there for seek the peak. Good luck with the surgery

Quote Originally Posted by KD Talbot
    That's what I tell my hockey teammates! I agree with Rex, do the PT and you'll be out there. As I've said before, not everyone has to go to the summit. There are lots of great hikes on Mount Washington without the physical taxation of summiting. Good luck with your surgery!
    KDT
    PS to Rex: Way to go!
    I'll defiantly push as hard as I can to get this over with.
    Hopefully I WILL see you guys on the 28th.
    "HIKE THE WHITES"

......Support
    ....T*A*P*S*
    http://www.taps.org/

Please Support The MWO

www.joes-hiking-photos.com

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by davidhowland14
    excellent loop, my favorite on the mountain. hopefully you'll have better weather than we did. we knew we were on the edge of great gulf, we just couldn't see it.
    Like when I was up there last summer with my oldest grandson. Hmmm, I am starting to think I would like to join in th fun for STP. I have not done it before.

Brad (a 6288 club member)
    http://bradstreet.zenfolio.com Personal Photo sales site
    http://public.fotki.com/bradbradstreet Personal photo web site
    http://public.fotki.com/MWO/saved/2012/ MWO image & video archive site 2006-2012

Thanks

Thumbs up Hello all

Last year was the first year for all of us to climb the mountain. There was about six of us we went up Tuckerman's which was quite the challenge. The age range for all of us was middle 20s to me being the old man at 42 years old. None of us worked out prior to climb and let me tell you it was an eye-opener for all of us. We had a few that made up in two hours and the rest of us three hours in 57 minutes obviously I was the one at the end. This year we've decreased the number to four of us we have all been working out cardiovascularly since the end of May I think Bill's idea sounds the best. Going up Tuckerman's and then going down lions head or vice versa sounds great. We've got a late start last time and had a lot of people coming down Tuckerman's which slowed us down. I can't wait to climb mplumbw, Weldon and Jeff are great friends hopefully this year we stayed together last year we all separated it made the climb more difficult. Can't wait to see everyone soon John a.k.a. Bosco41

Thanks

John,

I think the book time for the Tuckerman Ravine Trail is around 4 hours, so you were right in line there. Certainly a little training will help, especially if you don't do a lot of hiking.
    Bill
    Next up: Vermont City Marathon: May, 2011
    EasternLight