Thread: Wind chill data archive

Thanks

Default Wind chill data archive

I was wondering if ayone has seen the data archive for Europe's wind chill?

I need the data (charts, tables, nwp maps... - anything) for the 19-26th of February, 2007, preferably for eastern Europe (the entire Europe would be quite fine, too).

I'm loosing hope to find anything and was hoping someone could help me out with it or give me some tips where to search.

Thanks

You're going to have to look for a very long time as nobody archives windchill data. Not even the Europeans.
    Bill
    Next up: Vermont City Marathon: May, 2011
    EasternLight

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bill O
    You're going to have to look for a very long time as nobody archives windchill data. Not even the Europeans.
    ;_; *whimpers* That's so not fair! My report is officialy doomed.
    I've found that some USA stations have archived wind chill data along with other measurments, so I hoped at least a couple of European weather stations would do the same... *sigh*

Thanks for replying. ^^

Thanks

Just curious, why did you choose windchill?

It's a completely derived number that is less than exact. In fact, the way we calculate windchill was totally changed a few years ago because the old formula was not accurate. So if you find any old windchill data its not going to match the newer data because the old formula was found to be too cold.
    Bill
    EasternLight

Thanks

The report was assigned to me by my superior. There's no way I would choose this topic on my own. ^^;

I know about the change of formulas, but since I need only 5-6 days of February, 2007, it should be derived only by the new formula.

And the funny thing is that some European stations do calculate wind chill for the present day, but strangely they don't archive the data. ~_~

Thanks

How about calculating the windchill yourself.

Use the temperature and wind speed for the times you need to calculate the data. It could be time consuming, but you could always setup a spreadsheet with the formulas programmed in.
    Bill
    EasternLight

Thanks

Yeah, I thought about that for a while, too. I'll talk about it with my superior. Thanks.

I hesitated doing it because my colleague is assigned to do a report on wind chill, too. ~_~
    The difference between our reports is that I have to concentrate on wind chill already calculated by numerical models while she needs to calculate it according to the new formula by herself.