Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: disappointed

Thanks

Default disappointed

Okay I am a little disappointed. I wanted to sign up for Seek the Peak. I wanted to accomplish a few goals by doing this for myself and to help the MWO.

However, being in tight financial times I can't afford $45 to be able to get access to set up a web page for STP. I suffer form anxiety disorders and being around a lot of people is sometimes tough and going out to solicit pledges would not work for me. So online and asking via email is what I was hoping to do but it doesn't look possible.

I am disappointed.

For me the battle of the mountain is a big goal but not the only one for me. Getting there is a battle with my anxiety. Dealing with my diabetes , which brought on the anxiety, is also a challenge. Anyway too much info. lol

Just thought I would share my thoughts.

Lloyd

Thanks

I don't think you need to be a member to have an MWO account. You just need to be a member to view the premium content. At least, that's the way it used to be.

Also, you don't need to have a Seek The Peak page to participate in Seek The Peak. Just go to the website, print out the forms and do it the old fahioned way. Only 18 people have STP pages, I certainly hope more than 18 people have signed up.
    Bill
    Next up: Vermont City Marathon: May, 2011
    EasternLight

Thanks

I think what he is saying is he wants to create a STP support site and here is what is required:

Create a Fundraising Page

In order to create a personalized fundraising page, you must have an MWO Web Account. Please visit the MWO web site to sign in to your account or create a new one.

I pasted this directly from the STP webpage.
    Steve
    Is there really any BAD weather???

Thanks

You don't need to be a member to have an MWO account.

Go to this page: https://www.mountwashington.org/secure/account/

Enter your email address and leave the member ID blank. This allows you to create an MWO account without access to the premium content.
    Bill
    Next up: Vermont City Marathon: May, 2011
    EasternLight

Thanks

lwa11....are you going to try and make the trip?....

Thanks

Default Very Disappointed

Well, I hate to say it but I'm very depressed and disappointed. We had a plumbing disaster in our bathroom which has cost us quite a bit of money to fix so we are not going to be able to make it to STP. I'm not too sure we will even get to NH this year at all. Easy come easy go I guess. Anyway, Hope you all have an awesome time. Looking forward to the pictures. Too bad I can't be there to hike and meet you guys.
    Steve

Thanks

sorry to hear the financial problems, heres a tip if ya want to go cheap tho. im about 4 hours away from NH spend 70 bucks on gas, less if you got 4 cylinder... sugerloaf campground which is right down the road on bottom of twin mountains is around 6 bucks or less a night assumeing you have a tent, 2 nights 12 buckaroos. food stock up at price right or a savers mart, if you know anyone in military MRE's are great. if ya dont like to be round alot of ppl climb up it by yourself, its a little dangerous i know but its all good. nice trip for maybe under 100 bucks

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kingoftha40oz
    sorry to hear the financial problems, heres a tip if ya want to go cheap tho. im about 4 hours away from NH spend 70 bucks on gas, less if you got 4 cylinder... sugerloaf campground which is right down the road on bottom of twin mountains is around 6 bucks or less a night assumeing you have a tent, 2 nights 12 buckaroos. food stock up at price right or a savers mart, if you know anyone in military MRE's are great. if ya dont like to be round alot of ppl climb up it by yourself, its a little dangerous i know but its all good. nice trip for maybe under 100 bucks
    Thanks for the advice but I'm coming from Florida and the time and gas is a little more for me and my family of four which I can't leave behind just to summit the mountain.
    Steve

Thanks

Default Just a note

Sugarloaf is $18.00 bucks a night, not $6.00

http://www.campsnh.com/sugarloafOne.htm

KDT

Thanks

really did they raise prices? ya know what i think i went with some people and split it a couple ways. thanks for the correction