Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Presidential Traverse in June

Thanks

What else can I say that hasn't been said. Thanks for posting a report and looking forward to the photos.
    Steve
    Is there really any BAD weather???

Thanks

Default Ok to share the trip report?

Great summary of reality! I would like to share it with the guys in our troop. It's not unusual to need to go to Plan B, or Plan C, or Plan I (improvise). Usually, they have fun anyway, but, it also seems like many of them want to push on when it's not prudent. It's nice to share that other Troops have to adjust based on conditions, and it is part of what we're trying to teach them to learn to do on their own for when they are the "responsible adults".

Glad you had a successful trip!
    - Ron

Thanks

I will have a hike report in a few days when I have time to upload the massive amount of pics haha.

Thanks

Default Spring '08 Traverse?

I would like to do a one-day traverse in mid-June of this year. I have only limited experience leading hikes and then only in the Olympic Mountains, which I highly recommend (but keep it quiet, huh? ). I am comfortable with the physical conditioning necessary and am trying to educate myself on the routes, escape routes, weather, essentials and other logistics. I just read the thread on the boy scouts, and it got pretty compelling there at the end - glad they got off the mountain! So far I've got no takers, but I am trying to get some of my 46-year-old buddies to commit. Any suggestions on guides, where to leave a car or such? I've downloaded the Chauvin guides route charts (incl. escape routes), and I've ordered both Not Without Peril and the Washburn map of Mt. Washington and the Presidential range.

Hope to hear from any of you, and thanks!