Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: trip up to tuck's ravine floor

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WSR88D
    This is a little off topic but who gets the money when a photo is purchased from Fotki's site?
    Fotki gets the shipping and handling (more than covers their costs I am sure) and a base charge for printing. The Fotki owner of the ID get the rest added into their account. The owner can request a check when it gets above a certain amount. The owner can set the charges for his site for each different print sizes.

When I was sending the MWO camera images to my personal Fotki account I jacked the price of those pictures up to prevent people from even thinking of printing those pictures. They belonged to MWO and not me. Now that I set up a MWO site any income will be sent to MWO as a donation. Every once in a while I see a nice camera image and will save them - then have them printed and sent to the MWO office in N Conway. A small way of saying we are thinking of the folks working in the office.

My son has raised the prices a bit on his ID - but not too much. And he uploads a low quality image. If someone buys a print, my son get an email saying the requested image is too low a quality for the print and he can then upload the large high quality image - and even work out with the purchaser what is desired. By altering the required print quality setting and what he uploads he can make it so things are not automatic.

You can even restrict the Right-Click-Save-As option on an image to protect your images. You can not prevent someone from grabbing the low quality image that is viewed through a browser. That can easily be done with a tool like SnagIT.

The service is quite flexible.
    Brad (a 6288 club member)
    http://bradstreet.zenfolio.com Personal Photo sales site
    http://public.fotki.com/bradbradstreet Personal photo web site
    http://public.fotki.com/MWO/saved/2012/ MWO image & video archive site 2006-2012

Thanks

Thanks for the info. I had no idea there is so much to it. I need to spend some time working it all out.
    Steve
    Is there really any BAD weather???

Thanks

preferably with your pants up. lol

Thanks

You like how Joey exposes himself on national TV?
    Steve
    Is there really any BAD weather???