Thread: Mt Washington - Sunday, August 18!

Hybrid View

Thanks

Default Mt Washington - Sunday, August 18!

A small group of us are heading up to the rock pile on Sunday via the Ammo Trail with a stop at the hut, then summit Monroe and on to Big George. This is a big hike and only the fit should join us. Just Monroe: r.t. 7.2 miles, 2,900 feet of elevation gain, and a book time of 5:05. Just the rockpile: The Ammonoosuc Ravine trail (combined with the Crawford Path), rt: 9.0 miles, 3,800 feet, 6:30. Both: add a mere .6 mile. The Lake of the Clouds hut affords shelter, water and rest. Meet and gear up at the Cog R.R. Station at the end of Base Road (near Fabyans Lounge on Rte 302) for an 8:30 start. Let me know if you wish to join us.

Thanks

I hope you had nice hikes this weekend. Please keep posting here. I'd really like this board to take flight. It's ok if it takes a while.

I enjoyed Franconia Ridge via Falling Waters Trail on Saturday and First Sister of Chocorua via Champney Brook Trail on Sunday. A bit windy on Saturday early but otherwise nice, and Sunday was just gorgeous.

Happy Trails

Thanks

how was the hike?

Thanks

Saturday saw a nice leisurely hike up to Mounts Starr King and Waumbek exploring botany with vegematic and ghostdog. We turned a 5 hour hike into 8while trail-talking to dozens.

Sunday saw 6 lovely ladies joining in for one enchanting day hiking to Monroe, the hut at Lakes of the Clouds, and on top of the rock pile. Ms. Billie, Sonia, Deena, Anni, Peggy, Rockgoddess (#47! woo-hoo!!), ghostdog and I saw spectacular views for 70 miles and a one amazing complete day of magic. This worked out perfectly as 4 very fit young ladies, who jog and run marathons was their first big hike having bought all their gear just two weeks ago. (They were well screened before we set out.) Ms Billie mentioned the views were so breath-taking she could cry. One couldn't ask for a better time, company and views. What a absolute delight!