Become a Member
As a private, nonprofit institution, membership is the fuel that powers Mount Washington Observatory. It's been that way since we were founded in 1932, and the legacy continues today.
To thank our members for their support, we are proud to offer a variety of exclusive and valuable benefits:
- The opportunity to spend a week on top of Mount Washington as a summit volunteer
- Free tours of our famous mountaintop weather station
- A subscription to our quarterly magazine, Windswept
- Free admission to 300+ science museums through the ASTC Passport Program (restrictions apply; please see the ASTC website for details)
- Free admission to the Weather Discovery Center and Extreme Mount Washington museums
- A 20% discount on all purchases in our museums and online shop
- Premium Content on this website
- Discounted rates on programs and events including exclusive trips to the summit of Mount Washington
- Access to an extensive archive of White Mountains books, maps, photographs and more through the Observatory’s Gladys Books Memorial Library
- Savings on a new Subaru or GMC vehicle through the VIP Partners Program with Profile Group
Hailing from all around the world, thousands of individuals support this unique nonprofit cause through membership, and we invite you join the adventure!
"Club Level" Membership
Members who join at the Club level ($150 or higher) receive additional, Club level benefits:
- Complimentary Club level member appreciation events, offering the opportunity to connect with fellow supporters and Mount Washington Observatory staff while enjoying unique programming. Recent events have included slideshows and lectures, hikes, ski outings, birdwatching walks, and more.
- Priority access to Observatory programs and ticketed events.
A hallmark of Mount Washington Observatory through the years is the unyielding spirit of adventure shared by its staff, volunteers, trustees, and supporters. This is a truly unique nonprofit cause, built upon the hard work and ingenuity of an adventurous few and nurtured, expanded, and guided by people with that same vision and passion.
President's Club members demonstrate this passion by offering a higher level of support, and as such, enjoy an even deeper connection to the organization:
- Complimentary President's Club annual outings, providing unique experiences with fellow President’s Club members and Observatory directors. Recent outings have included guided trips to the Shoals Marine Laboratory on Maine's Appledore Island, the National Weather Service's Regional Forecast Office in Gray, Maine, and the Blue Hill Observatory in Massachusetts.
Scientific research is a core facet of Mount Washington Observatory’s mission, and fundamental to its long-term success. The Mount Washington Observatory Science Society, the highest level of Observatory membership, ensures that the Observatory's scientific efforts will be able to continue long into the future.
In addition to the standard member benefits, Club Level benefits and President’s Club benefits, Science Society members are given unique access to the research being performed on Mount Washington. Each year, the Director of Research and colleagues from partner organizations offer an inside look at Mount Washington Observatory research, providing unpublished insights, notes from the field, and a special preview of future investigations.
Science Society members are the Observatory’s most passionate supporters—people who are proud of Mount Washington Observatory's long scientific heritage and committed to positioning the organization for an even brighter future.
New for 2015!
Join, upgrade, or renew at the Science Society membership level and receive a complimentary 20x16 framed Washburn print of your choice from The White Mountains Collection OR receive a complimentary Davis Vantage Vue Wireless Weather Station.
Abby Blackburn, Director of Advancement & Membership
(603) 356-2137, ext. 230